Frequently asked questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the processing time for routine UCC filings submitted to the Secretary of State in paper form?

State law requires that UCC filings be processed within 3 business days of receipt.

When will mail and walk-in filings be effective?

The effective time is close of business (4:30 p.m., local time) on the day it is received.  If you wish to receive an exact-time filing, expedited service may be requested for an additional $50.00. 

To whom do I make my check payable?

Checks should be made payable to the "State of New Hampshire."

Do I need to include postage or a self-addressed envelope to receive my filing acknowledgment?

No.  Please do not add monies to cover postage with your UCC search or filing fees. 

Can I file online?

Yes. Online filing requires a Quickstart account. You can create your account here.

Do you accept filings through XML?

Not at this time.

What if I have more than two (2) debtors to list on the UCC-1 financing statement?

If there are more than two debtors to be listed on the UCC-1 form, please use the UCC1AP Financing Statement Additional Party form to list the additional debtor names.  A statutory fee of $40.00 applies for each additional debtor name after the first two. 

I have paid off my loan with the bank, but the lender’s UCC filing against me is still showing as “Active” in your records. How can I get have the filing information updated to show that the loan has been satisfied?

If the collateral securing the loan is consumer goods, the law gives secured parties (the lender) one (1) month after the loan is satisfied to file a UCC-3 termination statement.  If a secured party receives a demand letter from the debtor, the lender must file a termination statement within twenty (20) days or provide the borrower with such termination statement. The demand letter should be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the record address of the secured party. If no response is received from the secured party, a debtor may be authorized to file their own termination [see N.H. RSA 382-A:9-509 (d) (2)].