Town or City Clerk's Office

If you are domiciled in the New Hampshire town or city ward where you want to vote, will be 18 years of age or older on the day of the next election, and are a United States citizen, you are eligible to register to vote.

There is no minimum period of time you are required to have lived in the state before being allowed to register.  You may register as soon as you move into your new community.

Simply visit your local town or city clerk’s office. You will need to complete a standard Voter Registration Form and show proof of having established a domicile in the town or city where you will vote. Please reach out to SOS for printable versions of all acceptable forms of proof of having established domicile. If you do not have documents to prove a qualification, you may prove identity, age, citizenship, or domicile by completing an affidavit that is available from the clerk.

Click here to find out who your clerk is and where the town office is located