At the Polls On Election Day

If you are domiciled in a New Hampshire town or city ward, are 18 years of age or older on the day of the next election, and are a United States citizen, you may register to vote on Election Day at the polling location for your town or city ward.

There is no minimum period of time you are required to have lived in the state before being allowed to register.  You may register as soon as you move into your new community.  Simply visit your designated Polling Location on Election Day. Complete a Voter Registration Form. Show proof of identity, age, citizenship and having established a domicile in that town or city ward.

If you do not have documents with you to prove a qualification, you may prove your identity, age, citizenship, or domicile by completing an affidavit. Your local election officials will provide the forms needed, and are happy to answer any questions you may have.