Request Absentee Ballot

Requesting an absentee ballot as an uniformed service member and overseas citizen.

Uniformed service member and overseas citizens may request absentee ballots using the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), found on the U.S. Department of Defense FVAP website at  A uniformed or overseas citizen (UOCAVA) voter may be sent a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) by mail, e-mail or fax by their city/town clerk, or they may go to the FVAP site on-line to print an FPCA or FWAB.  

The Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) is treated as a ballot if there is a valid request (FPCA) for an absentee ballot on file.  The registration information that comes with the FWAB can be treated to complete a voter registration if it is properly completed.  If there is a signature on a voter registration document from the voter on file, the voter information can be used to complete the registration process and the FWAB can be counted as a ballot.  If there is no voter signature on a previous voter registration application, the FWAB cannot be counted as a ballot, even if the voter registration material with the FWAB is completed.  RSA 657:10-b657:12;  657:23

The Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) can be processed for counting if it is received through the U.S. mail or commercial carrier by 5:00 PM on an election day.  RSA 657:22